WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide to us directly: We may collect personal information such as a username and password, first and last name, e-mail address, phone number, work location, and employer when you register for an LeaveLogic account, use our Service, or if you correspond with us. We may also collect additional information you provide to us about your company or employer, details about your planned or actual leave event, the use of your leave benefits, and details required to assist with leave claim form completion and electronic claims submission, which we will consider to be personal information if it is linked to your identifying information. We may combine this information with data we collect from you through other methods, such as telephone conversations or electronic document exchange services.
- Information we collect from third parties:We may obtain Information about you from third parties, such as your employer and any third party partners you elect to interact with from within the Service.
- Information we collect from your Service usage: We and our third parties may automatically collect certain types of usage data when you visit our website or use our Service. The may include sending one or more cookies to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser, conveys information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., pages viewed, how frequently you use the Service). We may also log information such as the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, mobile device type, links clicked, and pages viewed. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features of the Service. We may also use this information to send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, event reminders, change or updates to features of the Service) or to follow up with you about our Service and your account.
Purposes for which we Collect and Process Personal Data
We collect and process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
Promoting security of our Service: We will process your Personal Data by tracking use of our online services, creating aggregated, non-personal data, verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, as well as violations of and enforcement of our terms and policies, to the extent this is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in promoting the safety and security of the systems and application used for our services, and protecting our rights and the rights of others;
Managing user registrations: We will process your Personal Data by managing your user account for the purpose of performing service for you according to any applicable terms of service;
Handling contact and user support requests: If you request user support, or if you contact us by other means, we will process your Personal Data for the performance of our services with you and to the extent it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests to fulfill your request and communicate with you;
Developing and improving our websites: We will process your Personal Data to analyze trends, track your usage of our websites and interactions with emails to the extent this is necessary for our legitimate interests to develop and improve our websites and to provide our users with more relevant and interesting content;
Displaying personalized content and recommendations: We will process your Personal Data to provide personalized information and other personalized content based upon your activities and interests to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interests or, where necessary, to the extent you have provided your prior separate consent;
Complying with legal obligations: We will process your Personal Data when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights, and is necessary for our legitimate interests to protect against misuse or abuse of our websites, to protect personal property or safety, to pursue remedies available to us and limit our damages, to comply with a judicial proceedings, court order or legal process, and/or to respond to lawful requests.
Where we need to collect and process Personal Data by law, or under a contract we have entered into with you and you fail to provide that required Personal Data when requested, we may not be able to perform all LeaveLogic services to you.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Managing Your Information” section below.
We may share your personal information with:
- Other parties you chose to share data with through our Service. This includes your employer, your benefits providers, and any other company or individual you engage with through our Services;
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, web hosting, or providing analytic services;
- Our business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us, or who partner with us to provide our Services to you; and
- Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of LeaveLogic, our Users, or others.
- We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
YOUR RIGHTS RELATING TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have certain rights regarding your Personal Data, subject to local data protection laws. These may include the following rights:
- to access your Personal Data held by us (right to access);
- to rectify inaccurate Personal Data and ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
- to erase/delete your Personal Data to the extent permitted by other legal obligations (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- to restrict our processing of your Personal Data (right to restriction of processing);
- to transfer your Personal Data to another controller to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- to object to any processing of your Personal Data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object);
- to the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Data on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
How to exercise your rights
To exercise your rights, please contact us in accordance with the “How to Contact Us” section below. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month and will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your request. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month, taking into account the complexity and number of requests we receive.
In addition, if you have registered for an account with us, you may generally update your user settings, profile, and specific data shared with the LeaveLogic services by logging into the LeaveLogic website with your username and password and editing your settings or profile. To discontinue your account, and/or request return or deletion of your Personal Data and other information associated with your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
Controlling your communications preferences: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. You may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
Modifying or deleting your information We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. You may view and modify your personal information through your user and account settings. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances, as federal and state law may require that we maintain certain types of information for a set period of time. You may not be able to delete or modify certain information that your employer requires that we maintain. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying or deleting your account information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Keeping your information safe: LeaveLogic cares about the security of your information, and uses robust and state-of-the-art physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service – you can see more at our Security page. However, no security system is perfectly secure and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, LeaveLogic will investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
More information about LeaveLogic’s security program can be found at https://www.leavelogic.com/security
LeaveLogic does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
Our Service may integrate with or contain links to other third party sites and services. We are not responsible for the practices employed by third party websites or services embedded in, linked to, linked from, or connected with the Service and your interactions with any third-party website or service are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies
EU-U.S. PRIVACY SHIELD STATEMENT
If a third party service provider providing services on LeaveLogic’s behalf processes personal data from the EEA in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, LeaveLogic will be liable unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damages.
We encourage you to contact us should you have a Privacy Shield-related (or general privacy-related) complaint regarding our handling of your data. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are located the EEA, we have agreed to cooperate with local Data Protection Authorities. LeaveLogic has chosen to cooperate with EU Data Protection Authorities (DPAs) and comply with the information and advice provided to it by an informal panel of DPAs in relation to such unresolved complaints (as further described in the Privacy Shield Principles). Please contact us to be directed to the relevant DPA contacts.
As further explained in the Privacy Shield Principles, a binding arbitration option will also be made available to you in order to address concerns not resolved by any other means. LeaveLogic is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
SERVICE PROVIDERS, SUB-PROCESSORS/ONWARD TRANSFER
RIGHT OF ACCESS
HOW TO CONTACT US